Wednesday 13 May 2015

Skin That's Good To Glow #SpringHasSprung





When it comes to spring makeup, there’s nothing I love more than a good highlighter. Dewy, glowing skin for me is dream-worthy stuff! For me, trying out highlighters can be a bit of an addiction, if there is a new one on the market – I have to try it!

One of the latest highlighting products are the Good To Glow highlighters from Rimmel London. The Good To Glow highlighters come in three shades and are a liquid-to-cream formula. They come in a little tube and you simply squeeze the formula from the tube. It’s not a true liquid formula (like Benefit’s High Beam) but it’s not a true cream either (like Topshop’s Glow) it’s somewhere in the middle.

There are two ways you can use these highlighters. The first is in the traditional way; I squeeze some out onto my fingertip, dap onto my cheekbones and blend it out with the Real Techniques Contour Brush. The second way you can use it is as a base to makeup – this makes your skin look like it’s really glowing. The third way is to actually mix it into your makeup - it leaves a really dewy texture to the skin.

I have two of the highlighter shades here; on the left ‘Notting Hill Glow’ (001), and on the right we have ‘Piccadilly Glow’ (002). You can see that there is a really obvious difference between these two colours. 001 is a true champagne shade and 002 is much more pinky/coral. For my skintone I much prefer Notting Hill Glow, it’s a good all rounder and can be used in a variety of ways. Piccadilly Glow however, is really good for the tops of your cheekbones of you are rocking a more pink look.

The Good To Glow highlighters retail for £4.99, which I think, is a bargain! You can actually save an extra £1 at the moment at Superdrug (here). A little goes a long way, so one tube will last you a while! What highlighters have you tried recently? Have you discovered any new favourites?

Hope, Freedom, Love

Rimmel Good To Glow Highlighter, beauty, review, makeup, highlighter, #SpringHasSprung, rimmel, rimmel london,

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig