Sunday 31 May 2015

Rimmel London Wake Me Up Mascara

I've made no secret about my love for high street mascaras! They perform so well and I've never felt the need to branch out to try 'high end' alternatives. One of my favourite brands for mascara is Rimmel London, I've never been disappointed by a mascara they've made. So when Rimmel London launched the Wake Me Up Mascara, I knew I had to try it!



The Wake Me Up range from Rimmel has been expanding recently. There's the foundation, the concealer and now we have the mascara. This is the Rimmel London Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara, packed with vitamins and cucumber. It aims to make your eyes look wide-awake all day, as it gives you defined volume, left and length. It's also made with sensitive eyes in mind; so if you usually struggle with mascara, this might be for you! 

It comes packaged in a metallic green tube, which I think is really pretty - you certainly can't miss it in your makeup bag! The brush itself is an hourglass shape, it has thicker edges and it's slim in the middle. I found the brush easy to use; it caught every lash without leaving mascara all over my face. 

Here's something new and a bit different; this mascara is scented. That's right, it actually has a fresh cucumber scent! I thought that I'd find this a little bit gimmicky, but I really love it and it makes such a difference in the morning! 

Once again, I haven't been disappointed by the performance of this mascara. One coat gives you beautiful volume and length, with every lash being coated and defined. However, the result isn't particularly dramatic, it's just a very subtle effect. Being a fan of a more dramatic look, I often opt for two (sometimes three) coats of this mascara. It doesn't get too thick or too clumpy, so it's really easy to work with and it's not a chore to create dramatic lashes.

This new mascara retails for £7.99, which makes it incredibly affordable. It's available at Boots and Superdrug now! 

Hope, Freedom, Love
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig