Wednesday 1 April 2015

#CleansingMilkTrial with Escentual



I was recently invited to take part in the Escentual #CleansingMilkTrial. 100 beauty fans tested seven different cleansing milks blind and reported back their findings. The Cleansing Milks were from a variety of brands, at a completely different set of price points. We had fourteen days to test the products before reporting back on the online survey. The brands included in the trial were; Guerlain, Clarins, Caudalie, Vichy, Eucerin, Nuxe and La Roche-Posay

If you want to know which cleansing milk came out on top, you can head to Escentual's website (here). They have listed all the feedback, rating them in the order of which one we all liked best. However, today I wanted to share something a little bit different. I've never carried out a cleansing trial like this in the past; I learnt a lot about my skin and myself. I thought it would be interesting to share this with you all! 

My Skin Is Sensitive 
I was a complete newbie to Cleansing Milks, they were never something I'd ever tried. So I went into the whole test completely blind (and so did my skin!) I've always classed my skin as 'sensitive' as it can be a bit of a rebel at times, but I never quite knew how much. Over the course of 14 days testing my skin went through a whole bunch of phase -from breakouts, to grease, to dry patches - I had it all! I was surprised to see just how much my skin reacted to each product as I made my way through the brands. 

I'm Lost Without Instructions
Before starting my testing, I went to the Escentual website to read about how to use the products. It turns out all the different Cleansing Milks had completely different instructions. Of course we did not know which one was which, so it was quite hard to decide what to do. I debated for a while and in the end, I decided to follow the same routine throughout the all the products. I applied the cleanser to my skin with my fingertips and massaged around my face, I then removed the cleanser with a couple of cotton pads. This method seemed to be the most popular and I felt like this was the fairest way to do it.

I'm Too Judgmental 
It's amazing how quickly you can judge a product when you know nothing about it! I was making quick sweeping statements about the scent, texture and appearance. Some of them I really didn't want to try, purely because it looked horrible or smelt too strong for my delicate skin. I persevered though and I tried every single product, some of them actually surprised me!

My Favourite Brands Are Favourites For Good Reason
Over recent months I've been falling in love with tons of La Roche-Posay products! They meet all their claims, they are unscented and they don't irritate my skin. Imagine my surprise when the product I rated the highest was the 'Physiological Cleansing Milk' by none other by La Roche-Posay. It was one of the only cleansers that actually did it all! It didn't smell weird and it had a really lovely texture. It also removed makeup successfully and it did not leave the skin feeling greasy afterwards. It's not only me who loved it either, it was the most highest rated product of all the cleansers!

Thanks to Escentual for including me in the trial! I really enjoyed testing the products and reading the findings afterwards.

I'm really keen to know if you've ever taken part in a cleansing trial before? How did your skin react and how did you react to knowing nothing about the product?

Hope, Freedom, Love

Image from the Escentual website


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig