Wednesday 18 March 2015

Testing Laura Mercier







After rediscovering my NYX blusher last week, I started to think about all my other American purchases that I'd forgotten about. I've never really had the chance to experiment with many Laura Mercier products in the past. Unfortunately it’s just a brand that I’ve not explored in much detail. So when I placed a Sephora order and spotted this little quartet, I couldn't resist but pick it up. Inside the package I received four mini Laura Mercier products to get stuck into. So what’s inside and what were my thoughts?

Eye Basics 

This is a multi-use eye product, which works as a colour and a primer. You can use it on it's own or use it as a priming base for other products. I've been enjoying travelling with this as it's small and portable but also reliable. It's water-resistant and crease-proof as well as containing vitamins A, E and C. I did not realise that Eye Basics actually come in a range of colours, there are seven to choose from at SpaceNK!

Mini Fan Powder Brush
My most used product from the set is the Mini Fan Brush. This is the first fan brush I've ever had and it's fabulous. It's amazing for applying finishing powder (my Vichy Dermablend Powder loves it). It's miniature size makes it great to travel with - the only problem is that you cannot actually buy it. You can buy the full sized version (here), which I'm super tempted by. 

Invisible Loose Setting Powder
I'm pretty impressed with this setting powder, it sets your makeup and it keeps it in place. I don't think it's quite as good as the Vichy Dermablend powder though! This is the part where I say "this is great to travel with" but actually it's a bit of a pain. The tub is way too small and I end up getting powder everywhere. Annoyingly the little fan brush does not actually fit in the pot.

Black Karat Baked Eyeshadow 
This is a stunning rich eyeshadow, there are hints of black, bronze, brown and gold! It looks different from every single angle which is lovely. Like all Laura Mercier eyeshadows, they are not very pigmented when you use a brush. For the best results I use my finger tip and apply directly to the lid. Using your fingertips you get a rich pigmented black shade with flecks of gold. However, on this particular shade, if you use a brush you get a gorgeous brown/bronze shade. It gives a really nice versatility to the product which I love! 

Have you tried any of these Laura Mercier products? What did you think of them? Do you have any recommendations?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig