Sunday 15 February 2015

My Current Skincare Routine


I've mentioned this a few times; but before 2015 I never had a skincare routine. I did not take good care of my skin and it showed. However I made a promise to myself that starting January 1st, I'd implement a full routine and see how I got on. I've seen a dramatic improvement in how my skin looks and feels, so I thought I'd share with you the products I've been using.

For the record I have quite oily skin which is very blemish prone, it also gets dry in places so it needs moisture but as little oil as possible. Let it be said that this is no means a perfect routine, I have a lot to try and learn, but this is working for me so far.

I share the routine by cleansing with Micellar Water, I use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I've used a few micellar products and this is by far my favourite (for me I prefer it to Bioderma). I apply this to the Boots Double Faced Cotton Pads and wipe it over my face. If it's the morning this is just a quick freshen up, but in the evening I use it to remove the bulk of my makeup. 

Next I use the La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel, I dampen my skin, put couple of pumps to my hands and apply to my face. I then grab my Magnitone Cleansing Brush and use the one-minute timer on my skin. 20 seconds on my forehead, 20 seconds on my cheeks and the 20 seconds on my chin and nose! I remove the cleanser from my face with a muslin cloth, I really like the ones from Liz Earle. 

I follow the cleanser with a spritz of Serozinc, I close my eyes and spray it twice on my skin. You then leave this to settle for a good few minutes, patting off any excess if it has not dried in. My last daily step is to follow the Serozinc with the Garnier Anti-Blemish Moisturiser. I've used this moisturiser for quite a while and it's a huge favourite of mine, my skin loves it!

My last step of this routine is to use a mask once a week. If I have time I'll use one mid-week but normally work gets in the way! At the moment I'm using the Glam Glow mask, I had a few tester tubes that I've been using up. The bad news (for my bank balance) is I LOVE it, this stuff is genius!

At the moment that's my full routine - I'd love to know if you've used any of these products or if you have any recommendations! 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig