Tuesday 27 January 2015

Glossybox January 2015



I'm sure by now, you've read a lot of Glossybox reviews for January. I'm a little late with my review this month as I spent a week in San Diego! I wanted to share my thoughts with you though, as I've officially unsubscribed. I've been saying it for a long time, but I finally hit the button. I think I have February's box left and then that's it for Glossybox. 

I don't normally took negatively on my blog, but I think some things just have to be said. I think slowly this brand has lost it's touch. Some say they lost their touch a long time ago, but it's only now that I've come to the end of my patience. Repeated brands, rubbish products and bad choices have left Glossybox way behind! I've got a lot of boxes on-the-go that I still love, but Glossybox simply isn't one of them. Nevertheless, lets look at the contents inside the January box. 

MEMEME Eyeliner Pencil In Clay
This is a 'soft, glide on pencil' made from kohl. MeMeMe say that these have great definition and a intense colour. MeMeMe seem to be a brand that have never 'taken off' - they've been around for a long time but nobody seems to know who they are. The pencil retails for £4 - I'll definitely give it a whirl. 

Nicka K NY Colour Luxe Powder Blush
This is brand that I've never heard of, with a product that they say is 'revolutionary'. It's a loose blusher that you apply with the included puff. These do not seem to be available in the UK, but they are available across-the-pond. 

Jelly Pong Pong All Over Glow
Jelly Pong Pong is a brand that I'm SICK of seeing in Glossybox. I never like the products and it just feels like a cheap tacky brand. 'All Over Glow' is an oil-free highlighting liquid, you just apply it to your cheekbones for a 'lit from within look'. 

Kueshi Pure And Clean Face Toner
This is another brand that I've never heard of, it's a spanish brand. It's another product that you can't seem to get hold of in the UK. I know it's great trying these things, but what is the point if you can't buy it here? I cannot find any information about this online (I don't speak Spanish) bit I assume you apply this with cotton wool after cleansing.

Naked Lips Organic Lip Balm
Another new brand to me; Naked Lips! This brand is actually a swedish brand. This is an Organic Lip Balm which is in stick form, you just apply it to dry skin and it hydrates them. You can get this in the UK but it comes over from Sweden. 

What are your thoughts on this Glossybox? Am I just miserable or have Glossybox really lost their touch?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig