Monday 8 December 2014

Ciate Mini Mani Manor | Week 1






Yep, a whole December week has passed. Not only are we a whole week closer to Christmas, but I've whizzed through my first week of my advent calander. This year I opted for the Ciate Mini Mani Manor. Lets see what was inside...

Day One: Headliner
I loved the fact that the first polish was something bright and exciting. This is a turquoise polish which Ciate describe as "an extraordinary cocktail of blue and green". I actually painted this on my nails on Monday night. I expected a shiny finish but this was actually matte, which is not my cup of tea - nothing a glossy top coat doesn't fix! It took a few coats to become opaque but it's a really nice shade.

Day Two: Sharp TailoringThis is a 'shimmering oyster beige' - it looks pretty boring in the bottle but when you swatch it - it's gorgeous! I actually have nothing like this in my collection - I'm looking forward to experimenting with it!

Day Three: Girl With A PearlI won't lie, when I saw this behind the door I was pretty disappointed. However, now I'm really excited to try it out! I thought it was a caviar beads polish, but these are little individual pearls that you can use for embellishment.

Day Four: Members OnlyThis is a nude polish that is super shimmery. It swatches really easily as it applies like a dream and dries really quickly. I'm not sure when or how i'll use this, it's a completely new style for my collection.

Day Five: Sloaney, Sweetie This is definitely the most exciting polish from the whole week. This is the first glitter polish and it's a mixture of pastel pinks and silver strands! I'm putting this on my nails at the first opportunity!

Day Six: Runway Ribbon
Runway Ribbon is a bright, festive glitter! It's a loose glitter which you apply on top of wet polish. I have never used dry glitter before and the thought of it worries me a bit! I fear I'll be getting very messy!

Day Seven: Tuxedo Yet another polish which is completely new to the collection, I do not have anything like this! I love the gunmetal finish of this polish, I really want to try this with the pearls from day three! I think it would look really nice!

Wheel swatches left to right: Tuxedo, Sloaney Sweetie, Members Only, Sharp Tailoring and Headliner.

Did you get an advent calendar this year? What was hiding behind the doors? What is your favourite colour from this collection?

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig