Sunday 19 October 2014

The Cream Eyeshadow Edit

(Clockwise from the pink one) Maybelline Pink Gold, MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Bare Study, Maybelline On and On Bronze, Stila Kitten and Maybelline Eternal Gold

Cream eyeshadows are a staple in my eyeshadow routine and over the years I've established quite the collection. So today I thought I'd share some of my favourites with you.

Maybelline 'Pink Gold', 'Eternal Gold' and 'On and On Bronze'
My initial love for cream eyeshadows was sparked by the Maybelline Color Tattoos. These little pots bought cream eyeshadows to the high street. Retailing at just £4.99, they are something everyone can afford. There are a huge range of colours but my all time favourite is Eternal Gold, a rich gold shade which is perfect for the festive season. Also in my collection is 'Pink Gold'. A pigmented pink shade which is great alone but perfect for pairing with the Naked 3 palette. Last but not least is 'On and On Bronze' - this little pot can give you a smokey eye in seconds with none of the work.

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Bare Study
I only have one of the MAC Paint Pots so when I bought it I decided to choose something I could wear to any occasion. Again the quality of this bad boy is fantastic and it looks great on it's own. I love to layer it with lashings of my Illamasqua pressed pigment. They are three times the price of the Maybelline alternative but the quality is definitely a step up. They also come in a bit nicer packaging!

Stila 'Kitten'
Kitten is one of those 'cult' shades and it's made by Stila. A lot of people have complained about the formula of these but I'm a big fan. It's another everyday shade which looks great dressed up or left alone. The great thing about this is it's multi purpose, you can use it as an eyeliner, an eyeshadow or even a highlighter.

What are your favourite cream eyeshadows?

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig