Monday 20 October 2014

Pop Art Collectors Edition | Glossybox October


So this month's Glossybox is the 'Pop Art Collectors Edition' and is packaged in a rather impressive, pop art inspired, box. It's always nice to have something a little bit different isn't it? In this months box, everyone received 6 items with 4 promised to be full sized. 


There was no other theme for the box, but this month Glossybox have switched to 'paperless product cards'. Instead of their cardboard inserts, this month everyone got sent a link with the products they have inside. Except my link didn't actually arrive and I had to email customer services to have it resent, but we got there in the end. You can click here to see my link. Glossybox say that they are trying this in a bid to be more eco friendly, but I suspect it's a money-saving activity. I don't really have any strong opinions about it, as my cards end up being recycled straight out the box! 

Lets have a look what I got inside my October box!

First up we have the Nuxe Creme Fraiche Beaute Mask
I'm a big fan of face masks so I'll definitely be trying this out. It claims to give you 24 hours of moisture. You just apply it once or twice a week and leave it on for 10 minutes. You can run in the excess to make sure it absorbs into the skin. You can even keep it in the fridge to give it a more refreshing effect. This is a full sized product from a well-known brand, worth £19.50. Great item! You can visit Nuxe & buy the product by clicking here.

Next up is the Etre Belle Cosmetics Liplift Peel
This product is a Lip Exfoliator which removes dead cells and new soft lips. This is great for the winter time as we all know that our lips can get quite chapped! You apply a small amount to the lips in circular motions and then remove the product with a damp cotton pad! I've never tried anything like this before, I've also never heard from the brand. Glossybox say this is another full sized item worth 
€12.95.

So Susan Cosmetics Flutter Mascara 
Glossybox obviously have a good deal with So Susan at the moment as we seem to constantly get their products in boxes. The sad thing is that they never impress me which is always a waste. I've never tried a mascara from them though so you never know! This mascara claims to give you the 'darkest, curviest lashes possible'. I normally look for volume rather than curl in a mascara, but I'll give it a go. This is the third full sized item, retailing for £14.95.
Ciaté London Paint Pot
I love Ciaté, in fact I just ordered their Christmas advent calendar and I cannot wait for it to get here. I was a bit peeved to have recieved a white nail polish, but fellow bloggers tell me you can get a lot of use out of this. I'll give it a whirl, but I'm not sure how convinced I'll be! This is the last full sized item in my box, but it's worth £9. 
Ciaté have great pigmentation, formula and staying power!

Yves Rocher France Quelques Notes D'amour
Yet another brand that beauty box companies keep sending us again and again. I really liked the little nail polish from this brand a couple of boxes ago. This is a perfume scented with 'damascus rose, guaiac wood and patchouli'. 

Last in the box is a sample of the Rimmel London BB Cream Matte
I actually bought a full size tube of this months ago and I haven't got round to trying it! Rimmel say this is a 9-in-1 BB cream with 'kaolin, witch hazel and salicylic acid'. I love trying Rimmel products so I'll definitely try this out! The formula sounds perfect for winter time!

This box isn't too shabby but I've fed up of seeing the same brands again and again! Especially when they never seem to impress with the products were sent. That said, I'll definitely try all the products and report back. At least there are 6 products here and I'll give all of them a go!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig