Sunday 12 October 2014

Daisy Dream



Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream, prices start at £38.

I actually didn't like the original Daisy perfume, so when the news of this first landed, I was a bit 'meh' about it. I loved the bottle but I had assumed I'd hate the scent. I had been shopping in Boots and they had a sample bottle at the counter. I spritzed some on one of those cardboard strips and I chucked it in my handbag. Of course, as the day progressed my hangbag smelt more and more amazing. The obsession had began!

Daisy Dream is said to be inspired by the 'boundless spirit of daisies and blue sky'. They've taken the original Daisy and made it more 'youthful, spirited and romantic'. I do have to agree with everything they say here, the original Daisy for me is very strong and overpowering. I feel like it has an older feel to the scent and although I'm not 16, I don't feel like my perfume should make me feel 40 either. I suppose not liking the original Daisy is quite controversial, but for me it's true!

Daisy Dream is all kinds of perfect for me, it's floral and fruity. It's light and airy, it's not as strong as some of the other Marc Jacobs perfumes I own. There are notes of blackberry, grapefruit and pear which mix with jasmine, lychee and blue wisteria. Ending with a woody hint of white woods, musks and coconut water. If you love Marc Jacobs but wasn't a fan of Daisy, try this! It's beautiful!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig