Tuesday 19 August 2014

Glossybox Turns 3!




This month Glossybox are celebrating 3 years in business and they are celebrating with a 6-product box and a special design. They've actually kept most of their Birthday plans under wraps, there were not any early boxes on blogs and we only knew about one product.

This month the box came in a black outer box with a birthday bow.The birthday box comes in the same famous pink coloured box but the box itself feels a little different. The inside of the box had some changes too! The inside boasted some black tissue paper with a black ribbon and a black sticker. We also got a square shaped menu, which opened up to give us a message from the CEO and big pictures of the products too. Lets talk about what is inside:

Kryolan For Glossybox Highlighter Cashmere, £12.95
I'm normally a bit meh about these 'Glossybox' beauty products. However, for once I'm excited to try this. In fact this product is probably the most exciting for me in the whole box, so I hope it lives up to expectations! They say the highlighter is a lightweight cream with a gloss finish. You can use it to highlight your cheekbones and all other places you wish to get a natural glow. I'll be trying this over the week and if it's good it will be coming on holiday with me!

Figs and Rouge Mini Hand Cream £6.95 for the full size
Figs and Rouge say these mini hand creams are packed with shea butter to soften and nourish even the toughest hands. This little hand cream is such a handy size, another great item if you're going on a late-summer holiday like me. My hands get very dry when I'm in and out the swimming pool! This is a 20ml bottle and the full size is 80ml. 

Yves Rocher Pink Nail Polish, £3.60 for the full size
This is listed as the 'Birthday Bonus' in the box. As you can probably see by the picture, this is a teeny tiny bottle of nail polish. It's a very pretty baby pink colour, perfect for lots of occasions. I love testing nail polish so you can expect to see this in a NOTD soon!

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, £38 for the full size
This was Glossybox's spoiler for this month and is a product originally created for Audrey Hepburn. I actually already had a sample of this in the past but I've never used it. I knew very little about the product, but now I've researched it, it sounds amazing. It's a pre-shampoo treatment that gives your hair bounce and shine without making your hair feel like it's full of product.

Lalique L'Amour, £67 for 50ml
I have never heart of this brand, but I love trying out new perfumes. This sounds like it's right up my street, it's a floral heart with musk notes, perfect as we head into Autumn. I know lots of people hate receiving perfume samples in beauty boxes, but I don't mind too much. These samples are super handy for travelling and you get to try something you may not have considered.

Pep Cosmeceuticals SkinPep Hydra Sun Defence SPF30 Day Cream, £5.99 for the full size
Pep Cosmeceuticals claim that this product has all the benefits of an SPF without the chalky white finish. They say it's perfect for wearing under foundation and BB creams. It sounds like another great product to take away in my makeup bag on holiday next week! 

So there you have it, the contents of my Glossybox this month! There is nothing that really blows me away at first glance, but I'll definitely give everything a try! Congratulations to Glossybox for turning 3, Happy Birthday! Did you get a Glossybox? What was inside?

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig