Sunday 17 August 2014

FOTD




Today's blog post is a face of the day! I had a lot of products to try out and play with, so it seemed like a good excuse to get dolled up and take a picture.

I started with the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation which I think is my favourite of all time. There's something about this foundation that my skin loves and we work well together. I follow foundation with powder and I'm using the Fit Me powder from Maybelline in the shade 125. I used to be a Rimmel Stay Matte powder girl, but after using this I can see how cakey it is. This Maybelline powder is such a fine grain powder, it adds coverage and flawless finish without being too heavy. 

The Bourjois Bronzing Powder and Highlighter Duo comes next. I've been using my Real Techniques Blush Brush for the bronzer, it adds a lovely colour which is just buildable. It's not orange and it's not hard to use if you're pale like me. I sweep the highlighter over my cheeks with the Real Techniques Contour brush. The highlighter is quite subtle, I normally go for something a bit more pigmented. The Balm 'How 'Bout Them Apples' cream blusher in Pie has fast become one of my favourites. Huge pigmentation, it's easy to apply and it's easy to blend. 

I finish with the No7 Stay Perfect Shape and Define in Glistening Ray on the eyes, I used it without a base this time. It's a very glittery shade and it does not move. I used the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara on my lashes. It's a really fabulous mascara, it adds length and definition with heaps of volume! You can't see my brows under my fringe, but I've been loving the new Rimmel Brow This Way brow styling gel. It adds colour and gives a really nice finish to sparse eyebrows. 

I finished my look with the Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Gossamer, which is a limited edition shade I picked up in a set. It's a stunning 'my lips but better' shade which has a lovely sheen to it. It feels quite sticky at first but it settles and is really lovely to wear!

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig