Wednesday 23 July 2014

Weekly Roundup #9



Another week has passed and another wednesday has begun so its time for another weekly roundup.

I'll start with the obvious thing this week; the heat. Holy moly, hasn't it just been ridiculous! I know most people are a big fan of the summer sun, but when it gets this hot I struggle. I've actually been commuting to work this last week and it's actually been 32 degrees on the train. It's not comfortable, that's for sure! It's been so warm that I've swapped my hot coffee in the mornings for cold iced lattes, so dreamy. My favourite this summer is Costa's Caramel Latte, it's just like a coffee smoothie, delicious!

This weekend Chris' mum and dad celebrated their 28th anniversary so we cooked a bit of a celebration meal. We had steak skewers to start, slow cooked lamb shank for main and then a blackberry and lemon fool for dessert. I took lots of pictures, so I'll be sharing the recipes here soon! On Sunday I headed for a quick coffee date with my friend Amber, I had one of my Costa coolers and we chatted lots. 

My skin has been desperate for some TLC this week, it doesn't like the heat! So I took the opportunity on Sunday morning to do a face mask! I love the Origins Clear Improvements Mask. I also gave my brushes a much needed clear, the good thing about this weather is that the brushes dry really quickly! I also repainted my nails with Essie's Lilacism, I just love this colour, it's so beautiful! It's a stunning pastel purple so it's fabulous in the summertime. 

This week I shared my top five favourite mint nail polishes. I cannot get enough of mint this summer and I'm gathering quite a collection. I also shared a Glossybox review, a Blueberry Muffin recipe and wrote about my 'forgotten essentials'. We all have products we use everyday but forget to blog about, so I took my chance to sing the praises of my essentials. If you're heading to Sephora anytime soon, I also shared my review of the Tarte Airblush Maracuja Blush which is a stunning cream blusher!

That's all for this week? Have you had a good week? Do you like the hot weather?

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig