Saturday 19 July 2014

Recipe: Blueberry Muffins


Today I'm sharing my recipe for these beautiful blueberry muffins! 


A couple of weeks ago I had a request from Chris to make some muffins! I normally make cherry muffins, but I've been loving blueberries recently so decided to try something new. I actually just used my normal recipe for muffins and adapted it to add the blueberries. To make these beautiful Blueberry Muffins, you will need;



175g Margarine 

175g Caster Sugar
3 Eggs
300g Self Raising Flour
150ml Milk
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
Blueberries


In order to make the muffins you just use the standard creaming method that you use to make sponge cakes. Cream the sugar and margarine together, and whip in one egg at a time. Add in the milk and then sift in the flour and baking powder. I then spoon half the mixture into 12 cases and add some blueberries, roughly 3 per case. I then spoon the rest of the mixture on top of the blueberries and add 2 more blueberries on the top! This just ensures you get an equal amount of blueberries per muffin!



Cook for 20 minutes at 165 degrees and voila! Amazing muffins! 


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig