Saturday 7 June 2014

Mary-Lou Manizer | The Balm





The sun is coming, it may not look like it sometimes, but it's coming, trust me! So what better than a highlighter review? Cue the Mary-Lou Manizer a beautiful gold highlighter from The Balm.

"Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey hued luminiser that catches everybody's eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow."

I've actually had this in my collection for a while, but it got pushed to the back of my drawers during the winter months but it's back out to play. The reason this got pushed aside is because it's super duper pigmented, it's not sheer and it's not for the faint-hearted. The first time I used this I ended up with a glitterball face, you really don't need to swirl your brush for long, just a light touch. It is blend-able though, so if you do get a bit heavy handed you can blend it out with a contour brush or dab it through with your foundation brush.

It's the first gold highlighter I think I've used, I always tend to go for a pink-toned highlighter, so it's a bit of a different look and it's definitely something to try in the summer sun! It glimmers so beautifully when it catches the light and it's a very flattering product. It's even multipurpose, you can use it as an eyeshadow, a highlighter and The Balm say you can use it as an all over face powder.

One thing I will note is that my packaging is broke, the pan comes out of the plastic casing and I'm apparently not the only one with this problem. So this will definitely not be taking this travelling anywhere, for fear of breakages. 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig