Saturday 17 May 2014

Glossybox & Superdrug Collaboration





Glossybox's marketing this month was so on point. They had everyone on the edge of their seats waiting to find out who the mystery collaboration was going to be. There were a lot of speculation about what it might be, but it was the one brand I didn't even think about. The mystery collaboration turned out to be Superdrug, celebrating turning 50 years old. Glossybox revealed the brand with a special video and I was instantly excited. They had some really fantastic brands and products on offer and I figured I was destined to get a fabulous box. Sadly I'm a little disappointed, lets look into the contents!

"2 letters for perfect-looking skin...instantly! Garnier’s B.B. cream, Miracle Skin Perfector, with mineral pigments and vitamin C. It unifies, illuminates, hydrates and helps protect with SPF 15."

First up is the Garnier BB Cream in the lightest shade, it's a fantastic full size product to receive in the box and for once it's in the right shade! I probably would have been more excited about this if I hadn't just bought it to try out! If only I had seen this coming.


"Bright, multi coloured beads for nails. Fun, fashionable and ideal for parties."

Next up is the 2true 3D Candy nail art, undoubtedly my least exciting item of the box. Simply because I just won't use it! I would have much preferred the B. nail polishes that some people got in their boxes. I feel like these caviar nail beads are past their hayday! I also hate 2True as a brand, they are really cheap and a bit rubbish!


"A wide-eyed False Lash Look. Fanned out volume. No clumps. Lashes up, out & over the top! Hourglass brush - Coats lashes individually for that iconic false lash look."

Next is the Rimmel London Retro Glam Mascara, I never moan about mascara as I just love trying them out. Rimmel is one of my favourite brands for mascara so I'm happy to have it in my box!


"I Love... Strawberry & Milkshake Lip Shimmer. Fall in love again; there's something about the super smoothness of my thick creamy aroma, united with a burst of fresh strawberries, that leaves your senses elated and tastebuds-a-tingling! Leaving your your lips super soft and glossy with a hint of shimmer."

The next item I'm completely unimpressed with, it's the I love... Strawberry and Milkshake lip gloss. This is another brand that I find cheap and tacky, it's just a product I will not use and probably pass it on to Chris' little sister. This actually isn't even on the Superdrug website anymore, but another site has it listed for £1.


Last in my box is the Superdrug Doughnut Ring, I've always wanted to try one of these but I do have short hair. So I suspect I won't be able to use it, but I'll give it a go!


Also in my box I got two little extras, a sample of Ghost perfume and a Garnier Oil Beauty sachet. In total my box would cost around £22, which is significantly less value than a lot of the other boxes around. It's an okay box, but some of the other variations are incredible, I'm tempted to buy a second box and see if it's better, do I take the risk? Please leave your own Glossybox reviews below!

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig