Saturday 31 May 2014

Bathroom Empties


After whizzing through and finishing a load of empties in my bedroom and stash, it was time to turn my attention to the bathroom! There were a lot of products that I'd basically finished and just left hoarding in the bathroom. It was time to get rid, it's amazing how many products I just have sitting there practically empty.

"Scrub 'Em And Leave 'Em™ Body Buff is scented with Mist You Madly's™ beautiful notes of bergamot, blackcurrant, magnolia, freesia, vanilla and musk.  Contains babassu oil, sea salt and moisturising jojoba and mandarin oils"

The first item was the Soap and Glory Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em body buff! I picked this up last summer just before Chris' graduation as I was planning to fake tan. I just picked up this little tiny tub as I'd never used it before. I actually really liked this, it felt quite rough on the skin but it got the job done! The one thing I don't really like is the packaging, these tubs are such a pain to use in the shower!

"'Hair of the Dog' for Hair Hangovers, Lee Stafford Bling Hair Rehab Detox Shampoo helps to gently remove stubborn styling build up and pollution from your locks the morning after the night before."

The second item is the Hair Rehab Intense Conditioner from Lee Stafford, which came in equally annoying packaging for using in the shower! I got this at the Clothes Show in 2010 so again this has been on the go for a while. I hadn't actually completely finished this but it had been open a long time so it was time to say goodbye! After looking for this online it seems like it's been discontinued, I cannot find it anywhere.

"Awaken your skin with Neutrogena Deep Clean® Invigorating Scrub. Cleanses deep into pores and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and invigorated."

The next two items are skincare related, the first is the Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Daily Scrub. I just picked this up a whim randomly when I was in Boots one day because it was on offer and Chris needed a face scrub. I ended up using it and was fairly impressed, it felt really fresh on the skin and almost had a minty scent to it. It left my skin tingly and feeling really deeply cleansed. This is marketed as a daily scrub but I think it's a bit too harsh for that.

"Here's age-smoothing exfoliation without irritation. Gently removes sluggish cells, uneven patches and surface sun damage. Mops up free radicals. Refines, polishes and smoothes."

Last up is the Origins Modern Friction Scrub. It's interesting that Origins market this as being a very gentle exfoliation as to me, it felt quite harsh. However, it never left my skin feeling sore, raw or painful, it just gave my skin a really good cleanse! It did however really hurt my eyes when it went even in close proximity of them, which I'd never experienced before. 

So there you have it, four bathroom empties! Have you tried any of these products, what did you think of them?


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig