Saturday 8 March 2014

Be Mine | February Glossybox Review





The February 2014 UK edition of Glossybox with a 'Be Mine' theme.

As you can probably tell by the title and the box design, this is a bit of a late review of the February Glossybox. Sporting a Be Mine theme and covered in lip stick marks especially for Valentines Day. This review is a bit delayed as I was away on business just after the box arrived, so I didn't get a chance to take some pictures and share my thoughts. If I'm honest I was at a bit of a standstill with beauty boxes, I had felt let down by Birchbox, and if I had been quicker, the subscription would have been cancelled. However, this month I feel a bit meh about my Glossybox? 

I feel like I should be fairly excited, there's a selection of fantastic brands; Ciate, Toni and Guy, as well as Maybelline but there's also a complete load of rubbish. I feel like the Nougat Cherry Blossom product (a body shimmer) and the Miner's Cocktail Kiss Lipgloss are better placed for the Teenagers Box? Is this just me? The packaging and the idea of the products did nothing for me. So much so that I opened my box gave them a brief look and gave both those products to my 14-year-old sister in law and even she turned her nose up at them. I don't really want to have a massive rant about this, but I'm just a bit lost as to why they were included in this months box. However, lets get down to the product break down:

Ciate Nail Paint: let's go on to some kind of positive note, Ciate is an amazing brand, I love their products and they are fantastic quality, selling at a high price point. I get why they sent out red nail polishes, after all, it is Valentines Day, but it's not a product I'm going to get use out of. I don't tend to wear red nails unless it's for a particular outfit or occasion. Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll have a chance to use this at some point. 

Nougat Cherry Blossom Body Shimmer; "Delicate light reflecting shimmer particles are suspended in this unique moisturising gel containing Mallow extract, Vitamin E and Wheatgerm Oil. Your skin will be moisturised and conditioned whilst the shimmer creates a radiant glow." This retails for £14 and I do not think the packaging does it justice, I just feel like it's aimed at the wrong age group.

Toni and Guy Stick It Up Gum, this product has been vamped by LuLu Kennedy with some cute packaging. I'm no expert at haircare, but I'm unsure if I'll get any use out of this product as it doesn't seem to be for creating your everyday hairstyle. I might be wrong, but I suspect Chris will get more use out of this than I will! I will give it a go though, I have permed hair and it's quoted to be good for creating beachy waves!


I'm really excited to try out the Maybelline Master Kajal Kohl Liner, eyeliner is something I've wanted to experiment more with recently and this has saved me a trip to boots! This retails for £5.99 and you can pick it up at Feel Unique! 



Miners Cosmetics Cocktail KissI hate Miner's Cosmetics, and I've made this known on my surveys when I've been sent things by the brand in the past. Maybe I'm just fussy but the idea and packaging alone for this product does nothing for me. The product retails for £2.99 and the price reflects the quality.

Last but not least is a little chocolate bar from Lindor, it helped me recover after the rubbish Miners Lipgloss, haha! If I'm frank, I've had better boxes from Glossybox and the cheap tacky products make me sad. I'd much rather a really small sample from a brand I'll actually use than a full sized product of something rubbish! Let me know your thoughts, am I being too harsh?



Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig