Sunday 30 March 2014

Avène Soothing Hydrating Serum Review



I’ve never, ever used a Serum before but I’ve fallen head over heals with this one from Avène. 

I’ve never really understood the point of a serum, I just thought it was an extra step that I didn’t really need to include in my routine, so when I was given the chance to try the Avène Soothing Hydrating Serum I jumped at the chance! Avène say: “This intensely soothing and hydrating formulation is ideal for sensitive skin, or skin that is easily effected by stress, pollution, or irritation, with its high concentration of Avène”

The bit that really caught my eye was the fact it states to be good for sensitive skin, as at the moment I’m having a bit of a nightmare! My skin is oily and acne prone but is also getting really dry from working in an air-conditioned office. So I’m trying to battle two problems which is much easier said than done!

On to the product the Avène serum aims to help skin that is “ easily effected by stress, pollution, or irritation” which is my exact problem. It’s prone to changes and issues!  On to the serum itself, it’s a white in colour and has quite a silky texture, the bottle has a pump which distributes a measured amount each time! I’ve seen a couple of people comment that the pump gives them too much product, but for me it seems to give me too little, and I use two pumps for my whole face! I’m not sure if I’m doing it wrong or if I have a dodgy pump but it works for me. 

The instructions say to use the serum on your whole face and the wait a few minutes before applying your normal day/night moisturiser. It glides on to the skin really easily and it leaves the skin feeling really smooth and soft. Some people have claimed that the serum is quite sticky, but for me it doesn’t feel silky at all, it just glides over the skin and sinks in! It doesn’t irritate my skin and it’s been fine around my eyes, which is fabulous as I like to just chuck a product on and not worry! It works as a great base for makeup in the morning and my normal moisturiser performs just as well when I use it on top of the serum!

I’ve been using this product every day and night now for two weeks and I can definitely see a noticeable improvement in my skin. It’s not as red and irritated and it’s definitely a lot less dry! My favourite time to use this product is when I get out the shower, my skin is very warm and red from the hot water so it’s an amazing feeling to smooth this on!

The best part about this product is that it is so affordable?! It’s really cheap considering the standard of product you get. It retails for £17 but you can often by it on offer at Escentual here. Escentual often do an offer where you save 1/3 on French skincare which takes it down to £12, which is a huge bargain in my opinion! I will definitely be purchasing this when this current bottle runs out! 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig