Saturday 1 February 2014

New Years Resolutions


Source: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/298574650267440247/

I wasn’t going to write an official ‘New Years Resolutions’ post as I wasn’t going to bother making official resolutions. I tend to make them and break them, so I figured what’s the point? Now it’s a month through the year and it’s going fairly well so I thought I’d share with you the changes I’m making!

Health Resolutions
First one, which is my biggest, promise to myself, and probably the most common resolution, is to get healthier. During my time at University I gained a fair amount of weight and it’s lead to a high blood pressure. Although the problems are nothing serious my healthcare professionals would rather it be bought down to prevent further health issues in my later years. So I’ve started to watch the calories and the sugar/fat intake, I’ve been following the 5:2 diet, which you can find more about here on my blog. It’s going well and although its been a matter of weeks I’ve lost weight and I’m feeling so much more healthy, so I’m really trying to keep this resolution.

Beauty Resolutions
I’ve made a couple of beauty resolutions that I’d like to share with you guys. First up is to address my skincare, I spend so much money on makeup but not enough attention goes to skincare. I’d love to find a skincare routine that I love and make a vow to fully cleanse in the morning and night, rather than slapping on the micellar water every time!

I own loads (I’m talking hundreds) of nail polishes but I’ve never taken real time to look after my nails. I’ve invested in cuticle remover and sticks etc, to make sure I’m looking after my nails in the best way! I’m already loving how they look and I want them to look lovely every single day this year.

Personal Resolutions
Personal goals are always things I try to address because it’s safe to say I’m a fairly emotional person. I tend to put myself out there to be hurt and trampled on, so I’ve promised in 2014 that I’m not going to let that happen. I’m going to spend my time, money and efforts spending time with family and friends who love me back. I’m fed up of trying to reach out to people who close the door on me and hurt me, so from now on my life is going to be reserved for those who want to be a part of it!


And that is everything; I didn’t want to make a ton of resolutions, just a few small goals that are achievable! What are your resolutions?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig