Thursday 13 February 2014

Home Furniture | Wish List

As the completion of the flat gets closer and we think about decorating, moving and furniture shopping, it seems like the right time to start featuring home wish lists on my blog. Having my first home and decorating something for the first time will play a big part in my life, so it only seems right that I share some of the process with my lovely readers.

So the plan for the flat is too completely redecorate before we move all the stuff in, so everything is being given a lick of paint and a new lease of life! We’re working with a natural brown/cream set up in the living room, so all the furniture is being themed in a natural wood colour. I’ve fallen in love with Next for living room furniture. Our dining table is living in the lounge so it will all need to match together, so the aim is to get something in the same range or at least same colour as the living room bits. I’ve fallen for the Stanton Range from Next, they have a lovely TV unit (£185) with matching bookcase (£165) for ornaments and nest of tables (£175). They also have an extending dining table from the same range (£199) which we think we work quite nicely.

The bedroom is having purple walls with white furniture, we’re not buying a bed as we’ve been given one, so I’m mainly on the hunt for a dressing table and bedside tables as the wardrobe is fitted into the wall. I’m totally in love with the Hove dressing table from Next (£275). I was going down a typical beauty bloggers world of the Malm dressing table, but I think I want something that little bit more shabby chic. I have picked out the Alex drawers though (£90), I’m in love with the new set of wide ones that Ikea have created, they’ll be perfect for storing my makeup hoard!

The Lack shelving unit (£50) is more of an after thought, but I’m looking for some kind of nail polish storage to keep everything tidy but on view so all my nail polishes get some love. I’m not sure whether I’ll go for something like this or switch it up and choose something different.  The nail polishes are being stored in the office area, which is doubling up as a spare bedroom and I’d really love to get the Day Bed from Ikea (£260). I’m totally in love with it after seeing it all the time on Fleur De Force, it looks quite pretty with throws and cushions all bundled on top. This will make a great seat for when Chris or I am working but obviously double up a bed when people come to stay!

There you have it the first furniture wish list, they’ll be many more in the coming months I’m sure! 


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig