Friday 13 December 2013

Christmas Beauty Box | Birchbox December 2013

I was filled with love and excitement when the Birchbox dispatch email came through this month, it was pretty damn early for a beauty box and it arrived yesterday, less than 24 hours later.






The box came packed with little cards, which included a $20 BaubleBar voucher, which is really generous, but it costs $20 to ship to the UK, so I don't think I'll be taking advantage of it! I also received some cards with hints and tips on them, as well as some cute Birchbox Gift Tags.
The actual contents of my box include:

First up I received the Nail Rock - Velvet, I would definitely have preferred the glitter version of this, but I'm excited to try it, because I never would buy it to try it out! This is a full sized product and is worth £6.99.

Next is the Naobay Milk Facial Cleanser, which is a 'formulation of olive oil, shea butter and sweet almond oil' and it 'provides lasting hydration'. It sounds a perfect thing for the winter time, should make winter cleansing a lot nicer!

Again, another product which I would have preferred the other variation of and its the BeeKind Body Lotion, some people received the Shower Gel. I'm not the biggest fan of honey as a scent, so hopefully it's not too strong.

The next product is by far my favourite product and the one I'm most excited to try; Number 4 Jour d'Automne Hair Spray! I'm in love with my Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray and this looks really similar, its a non aerosol hairspray. 

FINALLY I'm getting to try the Twistband Skinny Hair Ties, I've been question whether to buy a pack of these to try so I'm excited to finally have one to give a whirl.

Oh, what a surprise, another powder eyeshadow from Birchbox, I received the Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow, which is actually a nice champagne colour, but I'm really bored of receiving this kind of product!

Last but not least is the Lipsy London Glam perfume sample, I actually don't mind receiving perfume samples as I love putting them in my handbag! I'm yet to give it a sniff, but it sounds right up my street!


I definitely don't think this is a bad box, in fact, the facial cleanser, hairspray, Twistband and nail rock are products I'm super excited to try out, so those alone are probably well worth the £12.95 price tag. I just am getting a bit bored of powder eyeshadows in beauty boxes, I have such a big stash of them now!

I give this box 7/10, which I don't think is too shabby!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig