Friday 21 June 2013

Urban Decay Primer Potion

I've had this Urban Decay Primer Potion on my list for a while now, so it's time to share my thoughts.
When I picked this up from Look Fantastic I was so excited. I have quite oily eyelids, so making eyeshadow stay put is quite frankly, a bit of a chore. I'd heard so many people rave about this and thought it was the product for me, so I purchased it. I eagerly rushed to use it when it arrived and was a bit 'meh' about it. Yes, without a doubt it made my eyeshadow stay put, but I had a few problems with it. First of all it separates, so if you forget to shake it before use, you get a weird watery substance instead of the cream. Secondly, I really do not like the smell? I'm not sure if this is just me and my sensitive nose, but to me it smells horrible. I think the reason this product is so popular is that at the time it was launched, it was the only product like this on the market. However since then loads of brands have launched similar products. For example, I've recently been using the 'Rimmel London Undercover Shadow Primer' which retails for just a fiver, and it's fantastic! It literally has no scent and works just as well as Urban Decay, if not better and it's £10 cheaper.

I'm sure I'll keep this in my collection and it will last forever but I have a feeling I'll be repurchasing the Rimmel version!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig