Saturday 11 May 2013

Urban Decay Basics Palette


The new addition to my eyeshadow family.
When this first came out, I didn't want it. I was quite impressed actually of my nonchalant attitude towards it. Then my blogging friends went mad for it and I turned into a little sheep and followed. I waited a little while as I wanted to make sure I actually needed wanted it and a few weeks ago I purchased. I'm so glad I did. A lot of people call this the "matt palette" but it's not? It actually has some shimmer shades in it, which for me made it much more desirable. First of all it comes very sleek packaging, although I can never open it?! I actually have to use a pair of scissors to get it to open, I'm not sure if this is just me, or if its the packaging. At least I know my palette will be safe from opening with travelling. I love the texture of the packaging too, its kind of rubbery, which makes it easier to hold. I also love the fact the palette has a HUGE mirror inside, which makes using the palette so much easier. Of course, finally, I love the colours, I know its the full selling point of the palette, but you really can do a full eye look with one palette. I've found myself reaching for it day-after-day, as it's just so easy to use. I particularly like that the dark colours are not too dark. I know that sounds silly, but when a dark shadow is too dark and pigmented I have no idea how you are supposed to use it?! The dark colours are pigmented enough to make a lovely contour but they remain easy enough to blend and use. I could bang on for hours about this one palette, but I won't, just know that it's my favourite thing in my makeup drawers right now and I think it will be a staple for years to come.

I never thought I'd say this, but for £20, it's a bargain! 

I picked up my palette from Look Fantastic for £20 with free delivery.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig