Monday 20 May 2013

Barry M Sequin Effect

My first ever Barry M disappointment!




I really love Barry M, they make some fantastic dupes some for more expensive polishes, so I was really looking forward to trying the Barry M Sequin paint. I'm in love with these types of top coats and I'd love a few more in my collection. I'm sure you can already see by the swatches that they leave a lot to be desired. The polish formulation is really gritty, so I think it looks a bit messy. I also tried topping the polish with Seche Vite to see if covered the gritty formulation, but it doesn't really minimize the effect at all. As you can see by the swatches above, I also tried using the polish as a top coat, but in my opinion it looks no better. It's quite upsetting as in the bottles these polishes look like super cute pastel polishes, but they are not close to any other dupes on the market. 
If you want to try out the sequin polishes for yourself, the retail for £3.99 from Boots and Superdrug.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig