Thursday 17 January 2013

Battle of the Christmas Beauty Boxes


I was sitting here this morning and I suddenly realised that I never posted here about my Christmas beauty boxes. I think it's where I went home for Christmas on the 15th and box my boxes arrived after I left, so I never even looked at them! Instead of reviewing them both separately I thought it would be cool to review them side-by-side!

December was the first ever time I'd received a Joliebox, and of course, Joliebox are now Birchbox, so I actually got the last ever Joliebox as we know it, which is kind of cool! I'm a marketing companies favourite customer as I literally just got dragged in by the box and I thought it would be fun to try out! I've had quite a few Glossybox's in the past, I'd unsubbed as I was disappointed and then like everyone else I got dragged in by the Christmas excitement. So I ended up getting both a Joliebox and a Glossybox.


One thing and one thing only rescued the Joliebox for me: the Bellapierre loose eyeshadow. I actually received one of these in the Latest in Beauty advent calender too and they are fantastic! This one is a true gold colour which I love. Nothing else really grabbed me in this box, I love 'I love... cosmetics' but not for their cosmetics, ironically! I really love their shower gels and their candles, but their cosmetics are so meh. They are cheap and tacky which isn't my style.


I wasn't exactly blown away by Glossybox, lots of people received the Sleek palettes which I would have been truly chuffed with, I would have equally been excited by the lipstick if mine wasn't red, red is not my colour. I was semi lucky though as I received the rituals product, which I'm excited to try.

So who wins? I really don't know! I love the Bellapierre eye shadows, so when I saw one in the box I was won over, but the rest of the products are crud. Glossybox had the rituals product, the Seche nail polish, the Sleek lipstick (which I will try out for the formulation) and the SebaMed moisturiser product. So I think Glossybox wins!

Who won the battle of the Christmas beauty boxes for you?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig