Saturday 20 October 2012

Real Techniques Brushes


I brought these beautiful brushes last month as a bit of a treat and I was instantly impressed, but I wanted to use them for a little bit longer to see if my impressions stayed the same.
As with all the cult products between Beauty Bloggers, I'm always a bit weary to see if they actually stay a firm favourite or if very quickly they disappear off the face of the earth. The Real Techniques brushes are something that have stuck around, appearing in favourites videos and blog posts ever since they first appeared, so I did think I was in safe hands! You guys know I'm basically a newbie to the brush world, I've always just used my fingers (or cheap ELF brushes), never seeing the advantages of brushes. So the first thing I did when they arrived was visit the Real Techniques website and learn what each brush was for and how to use it. The videos were really helpful, so if you're a bit lost, check them out! 

Of course the brushes are stunning, they feel like they've been made with great materials and the bigger ones can free stand on a side, I keep mine in a pretty pot though. Of course we know that the brushes are synthetic and made from Taklon so they dry quickly when cleaning. Taklon is also super soft, I cannot explain in words how soft these are on the skin. I love the colour coded system and the names on the handle, so you know what brush is which.

These brushes are just fantastic, using these brushes just make you feel like you are applying a second skin, the application is faultless and really makes the most of the products you have. The brushes are all multi purpose, so I use the buffing brush for both liquid and cream foundation application as well as buffing in powder. I use the foundation brush for liquid foundation and also for blending out my concealer, you get the picture. They are fantastic.

It's really hard for me to pick a favourite brush as I'm in love with them all, but I'm really loving the contouring brush and the buffing brush!


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig