Wednesday 15 August 2012

teapigs: mao feng green tea


So I told you I’d keep you updated on the green teas I’m trying and what I think of them and today’s review is of teapigs Mao feng green tea. Teapigs, if you’ve never heard of them, are an ethical, eco, English tea maker, who I really love. I love their standard “builders tea” otherwise known as “Everyday Brew” so when I was advised to switch over to green tea I emailed Teapigs asking if they would be kind enough to send me some samples, which they did! 

This tea is special, unlike any other green tea on the market. A green tea liked by people who don’t like green tea. This tea has a delicate natural taste of fresh summer air, peaches and apricots. The infusion will turn clear pale green (not the murky brown you often see with standard green teas). Good if you’re feeling in need of a makeover. Can’t afford rehab, liposuction or Botox? Why not settle for a nice cuppa? You may have heard about the many reputed benefits of drinking green tea, ranging from weight loss to anti-ageing - more fun than cosmetic surgery!”

I’ve found this tea a lot stronger than some of the other teas I’ve tried so far, so if you’re looking for a green tea with a bit more oomph, this is for you! I personally found it a bit too over powering, without sweetener it was completely undrinkable, but it was much nicer when I added some in! I might try my second sample of this and brew it for a lot less time and see if I enjoy it more! I’m not sure if I could taste much difference in the actual way it tastes, I didn’t get a sense of the apricots and peaches, so in that sense its quite suttle!

The tea in comparison to other teas is pretty expensive, for 15 tea bags you’ll pay £3.90 and for 50 you’ll pay £11.4. This tea is available to buy mainly online, (here) but local cafes tend to also stock it to buy, you can find a list of stockists here.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig