Sunday 5 August 2012

Skincare Review: Witch Hazel Blemish Stick


Witch is a brand I've always glanced at on the shelf, looked at and always walked away from! I'm not entirely sure why? I've just never got round to trying it! Witch is a brand however, that a lot of people rave about, I know one of my good friends in particular loves it! So when I saw it on offer in Superdrug I thought I'd give it a whirl!

I think the packaging is great, I really like it, I like the simplicity of the colours and the design. I'm such a packaging nerd.

Here's what Witch say about it;

"Witch Stick is a handy natural witch hazel stick formulated with an anti-bacterial ingredient which helps to combat the conditions that cause spots, blemishes and other minor skin irritations.

The ultimate in blemish control, Witch Blemish Stick helps break down excess oils and fights the bacteria that cause spots. Simply dab on as often as required, preferably as soon as blemishes start to appear.

• Fights the bacteria that causes spots
• Gets to work instantly"

This is possibly a bit of a weird point to make, but I noticed it to be a problem! I just found the surface area of the bit you apply to your skin to be massive? I never have any spots that take up that much space, that are that big! It just seemed a bit hard to use for me!

I think the product is actually quite successful! I have to admit, I got the impression that you can use this product throughout the day, all day and actually if I apply it when I have make up on it fails to penetrate the skin at all! Actually also with bare skin it struggles a lot, but when I've cleaned and toned my skin and use it after that I can really feel it getting to work deep in the pores. When I wake up in the morning after using this, the spot does look visibly better and calmer, so it does do its job! Chris (my boyfriend) has actually had more luck with this, I suppose its because he never wears make up, so can apply it all day regardless. He also has very oily skin, so maybe that is where this product really prospers!




Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig