Wednesday 21 March 2012

NYC Nail Polish

"At last, a manicure that moves at the speed of Manhattan. NYC's New York Colour Minute nail polish is a slick, glossy, polish that goes from wet to set in less than 60 seconds. With a special control brush that disperses the right amount for the perfect application"



I was really eager to give the NYC nail polishes a go, not only were they super cheap, priced less than £2 a go, but they have some really great colours. I picked one up in Superdrug when I was in there buying toiletries last week opted for a dark pink colour. Something has taken over me recently and I spend my life loving pink coloured nails. Weird. Anyway, I only got round to trying it on Monday night. I wanted a colour that was still interesting but corporate enough to wear to ITV so I gave it a whirl.

All I can say is if your in a hurry and want consistent results, DO NOT opt for this polish range. It was just disappointing from start to finish. Things did start well, the bottle is a great shape and size, and the lid is a good shape to make using it as a handle easy and not fiddly. But that is possibly the only thing I liked about it.

The polish itself was really watery, It seemed to end up everywhere other than my actual nail. Because its really watery you obviously need a good 3/4 cots before you get to a point where the colour is rich enough to look neat and tidy. The nail varnish promotes itself as "New York in a minute Colour" which is a bit of an overstatement, it took forever! Which I just don't have time to do this week, especially when it takes ages to dry, which it really did. It felt like I sat there waiting forever and even when I thought it was dry , I looked down to see it all smudged. Not a good look.

I wore the polish all of Tuesday and when I eventually got home it was just in a rubbish state, there were chips and dips all over the polish, it just had no staying power at all. I went to reapply it when I got home last night, but it was just such a crap task that I gave up and tried another brand!

Maybe if you have more time to wait and you're not hectic you'll have more time to sit and make the product work for you, but I was really unimpressed. I'd love to hear your reviews of the polish though as I did hear such great things! Today I'm sporting the beaut Razzle Dazzle shade by and my nails just feel better already, review soon!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig