Thursday 26 January 2012

Valentine's Day


I’m just going to come right out and say it..


I LOVE Valentine’s Day. 


Phew.


Yes I love it and actually, for those of you who have been reading my blog a while, or who have gone back and read some of my posts, that probably doesn’t come as too much of a surprise. I love romance, I love chick flicks, I love reality television, I love love! I know so many people out there, me included, think that Valentine’s Day is commercial stunt to make us all spend loads of money on a made up holiday, but does that genuinely mean we can’t enjoy it? I don’t think so! Even you singletons out there getting ready to put on your soppy face must love it! Even if it is just an excuse to have a quiet night in with the girls, with good food and a good film?


Me and Chris will have been together three years come the 19th of February and every single year we do the whole “let’s not do valentines” but I’ll be honest if he has absolutely nothing for me come the 14th of Feb I will be devastated. It doesn’t have to be a lot, (as much as I hate it) he can just nip into Card Factory buy a cute card and some novelty key ring and I’ll still be impressed.
As cheesy as it sounds Valentine’s Day is a day to be loved and celebrate love of ALL kinds! Which is why after my “no-Valentines” pledge, I still find myself in Card Factory and online buying pointless silly gifts and cute Me to You cards. 


It’s just nice to show someone you love them! Before someone says it, yes every day should be the chance to show someone you love them, but in reality does that ever happen? I know in my relationship everyday is not perfect, we have our up and down days like every other couple and living together certainly takes the romance away sometimes. We may have dinner together every night, but we don’t always dress up nice, open our glass of comical cheap pink champagne and dedicate the whole day to each other. In reality that never happens. 


So here’s to Valentine’s Day, I love your commercial cheesiness and your ploy to make us spend money, it means I get wined and dined and get a whole day of love and dedication from Mr Smith!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig