Thursday 26 January 2012

Jodie Marsh: My Secret Past

I saw this beautiful video on Stephanie's blog, I borrowed this video as I wanted to share this with you, truly inspirational and brought a few tears to my eye, really think it puts things into perspective. I don't think I need to say anything more.


After seeing this video, I really wanted to watch Jodie Marsh’s show on bullying, I just knew that it was really going to make me feel sad. As with all these glamour models and celebrities, their lives are not simple, they are judged to be these girls with no feelings, no life, no history, and no stories to tell. I love these kinds of programmes, I love hearing about what their life’s are like, what their childhood was like and who they really are.

Of course this programme was different, it’s her story about a horrific time of life, something that almost everyone goes through; bullying. It was fantastic, even if a little sad, to see this side of Jodie Marsh, she has feelings just like the rest of us! I was lucky enough to never suffer seriously with bullying; I was bullied, but only on simple things and never for a huge amount of time. I have and will always have some huge vulnerabilities that will never settle, but I’m one of the lucky ones, it was never inflicted on me. It really hurt me to see Jodie being so avidly affected emotionally, literally by just standing in a school playground, it was like torture to her. To see kids being hurt so young, I can’t imagine what its like to ever hate life like this, it’s supposed to be a happy time, feeling free and fearless. Its completely heart-breaking and it really, really hurts me. I don’t know how anyone can sit and watch someone so distraught and feel nothing. And then after the physical scars have passed, for these horrific emotional memories to follow you through life, for it to still pull you apart, its such disgraceful behaviour. What I hate is that when you're kids, there's almost this excuse that you don't know what you're doing, but even now at 20/21 years old, I walk around Uni and there are grown men and women that still bully each other, and for that I feel there are no excuses.

I don't want to dwell on this too much, or get into a full on rant about bullying and horrible people, or even judge those who bully people, it's not my place, some things have to be said and some don't. I just wanted to share my feelings on the programme with you! It's a fantastic programme and it's great television, documentaries like this make me proud to be a television student!
-->

I won’t spoil the programme for you, but it’s really worth a watch, which I didn’t expect! Although, have some tissues at hand!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig