Thursday 27 October 2011

Addicted to baking

Those who know me know that I absolutely love baking! It's kind of an addiction, in fact I love cooking in general and I happen to be getting quite good at it (even if I do say so myself!). Since getting my own flat I've been able to make good, healthy food that I enjoy, rather than processed rubbish! I'm totally embracing it this year and there's very little that I get out of a jar/packet anymore! I think one of the only things I do is Ragu sauce for lasagne. Mainly because when I was doing my GCSE's I picked Macaroni Cheese for my adaptative dish and I've made enough white sauces to send me into a coma!

Last weekend was well and truly a cook-a-thon! Me and Chris spent ages baking treats for when his family came down for the day! Rice crispie cakes, bakewell tart and jam tarts, not to mention that I made my famous chocolate brownies that I have now totally perfected! I was going to make my other famous treat (chocolate tiffin) but I would have been way to tempted to munch some - it's my absolute favourite!

Beautiful rice crispie cakes

Jam tarts before they hit the oven

Bakewell tart before it got cut

As well as all the sweet treats I made my famous curry feast! (I seem to be famous for a lot of good food?!) Chicken korma, chicken tikka, bombay pototoes, a selection of poppadom sauces, rice and naans! It went down very well and we were completely stuffed! 

Excuse my blog bragging about my cooking skills, just a little story for you all!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig